Skip to main content

First "A Corner of Mantica" Vanguard Game ahead!

The first mission will be the first mission in the Vanguard rule-book: "Supply Grab"

In this scenario, we score at the end of the game for 3 objectives.
Because we only score in the end of the game, scouts are not that important. And because I am sure my elf-opponent will again bring his "Archers of Death" I will not bring my Grunt Spitters. 
My estimation is that I will be heads on with my opponent battling it out for those 3 crucial points, where not much maneuvering will be done and sheer Battlepower will be key. I also estimate he will only have around 6-8 models because the elven models are quite expensive.
Therefore I decided upon the following list: 

Vanguard for: First Mission Supply Grab

Biggit + Hvy Wpn + Rare Mount 48
Troll 34
Wiz + Lucky Charm 30
Luggit 10 
Luggit 10 
Luggit 10
Luggit+Mount 15
Luggit+Mount 15
Rabble+Spear  9
Maw-beast 19
-----------------------------------
200

The idea is to have a few models that will not be immediately killed by the Archers of Death who can overwhelm single enemies with numerical advantage. The two mounted Luggits and the Maw-beast are there to be able to chase down his archers or at least to make him think twice where he puts them. I did not have the points to give my Troll the Blade of Slashing, so I am not sure how I will fare against his Prince or Shambler... but let's try it out!

Comments