Skip to main content

My Vanguard Company for the Campaign

After our prequel battle, I finalized my company roster and supply wagon for the campaign. I tried to keep flexible and also to have a bit of backup in case some of my units get wounded. 

The final list I decided upon was:

1 Biggit
2 Trolls
2 Wiz
6 Luggits
5 Spitter
4 Rabble
1 Banggit
2 Mawbeasts

--------

1x Rabble Spear 3x Potion of Haste
1x Battle Potion
1x Rare Mount (Biggit)
1x Heavy Weapon (Biggit)
1x Blade of Slashing (Troll)
1x Lucky Charm (Wiz)
1x Rare Healing Herbs (Wiz)
2x Common Mount (Luggits)
1x Long Bow (Bangit)



The second troll and the wiz are both backup in case my main ones get maimed. I thought hard if I should get a third mawbeast, but fielding 3 mawbeats in one mission would limit my other choices too much anyway, so I went with only 2. Plus, I am not yet sure if they are really useful. I am right now more leaning towards using Luggits on Common Mounts. They are only 15 points in comparison to 19 points and do not use a "support" slot. Granted, no "howl" ability, but apart from that I still have 7 movement which should help me reach the pesky elven archers in time. I am also not sure yet if the Banggit will be useful, but maybe I will try him out... but if I do, then definitely with a Long Bow as equipment to give him the reach he needs in the rounds he is not close enough to the enemy for using his bombs! I will proxy my Banggit with an old Goblin Fanatic (I think a 4th edition model). I think his iron ball looks like it could be stuffed with gunpowder and he has the chain for better throwing it! (You can find him on the left on the group picture)

My first wiz will surely be replacing the Stun spell with Slink. Idea is to give my buffed Troll and Biggit another chance to shine each round! For my second Wiz I am tempted to instead stay with Stun... because the elves do not have many models, so if I stun one of his models, that effectively takes away half of his actions... and for his expensive models that could be quite nasty! 

I got 4 Rabble in case I want to try to flood my enemy with models! But only one of them has a spear so far. Let us see if I really use the other 3. If so, definitely not in the first mission, therefore I only bought one spear. And later on if I want to field them, I will spend the gold in order to pay for the spears. I think it will depend much on the mission we are going to play if they will see any action. 

You might wonder about the 3 Potions of Haste. The idea behind that was that in the campaign rules you are only allowed to buy ONE rare OR unique item after each battle! And I might want to buy some of the cool unique items so I would not be able to replenish my potions. Idea would be to give them to my Luggits in order to reach the mentioned archers quickly. In a 1 on 1 combat its pretty even, but I can beat them with the Luggits, plus... I have the numbers on the elven player!

Then, after the first or second campaign game, I will review my strategy and see if I want to change anything...

Next up I might hopefully be able to present the Elven Vanguard Company in another blogpost! 

Comments